It seems a bit odd for Osmose to be flagging highway=footway, foot=yes as
an error just because foot access is implied by default. Whilst there might
be the tiniest bit of redundancy I can't see any particular reason to
remove it and, indeed, there might be an argument that an explicit tag is
always preferable to an implied value.

OT, but I've personally always viewed foot=permissive as a caveat for the
end user that a way might be closed. I only add it where a route is
explicitly stated to be permissive on the ground, is actually known or
likely to be shut from time to time, or is clearly an informal path. Many
paths through parks and housing estates etc. are clearly intended for
permanent public use and about as likely to be closed as the nearby
highways.

Kind regards,

Adam