On Fri, 2020-07-10 at 11:54 +0000, Andrew Hain wrote:
> I have been doing some tidying based on Osmose, including the warning
> for highway=footway foot=yes, which is often left over from a preset
> in Potlatch 1.

> I got a changeset comment querying the edit.

> I note you have removed foot=yes from highway=footway. My
> understanding is that the default for a footway is foot=designated,
> but designated requires an explicit sign. the paths on Wimbledon
> Common do not have an explicit sign, but are legally
>  accessible, hence foot=yes. Perhaps osmose is wrong.Any comments?
> --Andrew

Assuming that you can walk there and from other comments in this thread
you can, then what harm was the tag doing?
QA tools, like compiler warnings, do need to be used with care.
These are just warnings, not errors, which say you may want check this.
They are not saying this must be fixed.
Phil (trigpoint)