28 wrz 2020, 13:53 od talk-gb@openstreetmap.org:

> On 28/09/2020 10:00, Frederik Ramm wrote:
>> The change you plan to execute is of limited use. Yes, it ensures more
>> conformity in the data, but it will be a temporary fix (since new
>> "wrong" URLs can be added at any time).
>>

> Moot. Your claim applies to all tags, all the time. By your logic we might as
> well not amend anything.

Yes, this argument would work as argument
against any type of fix.

fixing case of
 highway=mtorway to highway=motorway
would be useful, despite that it may appear
again and it is possible to add automatic fix
for that

(I am not enthusiastic about this pub edit,
as benefit are minimal but if someone
wants to spend time on that I see nothing
wrong with that)

(I am also thinking whatever wiki should
claim that http / https is needed -
in practice it is not really needed or useful)