Hi Chris,

Both the wiki, and the Loomio, require a separate log in account which
is not the same as the main OSM account. So the barriers are the same.

I don't think the Loomio is restricted to just OSM UK "official
business" - though I might be wrong! Someone please correct me.

I do agree with you that a vote isn't necessarily all that helpful. It
was one of the original ways that the OSM community started
self-organising its tagging, but because of various limitations it's
very much fallen into disrepair as a way of doing things. I hope that
"good decision-making tools" like Loomio might be a way forward - but
I don't imagine it's a silver bullet.

Best
Dan