There is a lot of garbage in OSM due to those creating routers being too lazy to write a few lines of code, or even use common sense.

However, in this case I believe it's other contributors who think, for reasons that escape me, routers require it.

Routing software must be of a poor standard if it returns the commuter to the roundabout after just 10 metres or so after leaving it.

 I partially agree with Phil's suggestion that they're harmless, if turn restrictions are by themselves. However if there are  multiple at one junction it can become error prone. Any that aren't required are best removed.

DaveF