Hi Dave,

Thanks for answering my original router logic question! :-)

On 03/10/2020 17:52, Dave F via Talk-GB wrote:
I've just tested in JOSM. It flagged no such validation warning.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/3403352

Interesting - you're right, I couldn't easily reproduce the 'Sharp Angle' validation warning in the latest JOSM either.

After hunting out the code, the warning currently isn't triggered unless the segment leading to a <45deg angle is <10m:
https://josm.openstreetmap.de/browser/josm/trunk/src/org/openstreetmap/josm/data/validation/tests/SharpAngles.java

Looking at a couple of local roundabouts via imagery, a flare this short verges on a single node highway=mini_roundabout, unless lots of extra nodes have been added to the flare to give a curved approach.

After over a dozen years of using JOSM, it still surprises me with extra features.

Happy Mapping,

James
--
James Derrick