Hi,

On 03/10/2020 14:05, Brian Prangle wrote:
There seems to be a predilection for adding turn restrictions , either no right rurns or no U turns at the exit flares of roundabouts to prevent turning back into the entry flares where there are no explicit signed restrictions. I suspect this is "rendering for routers". Do routers actually need this data?  I'm tempted just to delete them all wherever I meet them, but I suspect there are thousands of them and there'll be howls of complaint.

About the only change I've made in years of mapping 'non-mini' roundabouts is to split the oneway=yes flare 'V' into two segments. JOSM validation started flagging the junction node of the V as too tight a bend, which I suppose makes sense.

I wonder if seeing a junction node of three vertices rather than a 300degree turn on one segment make a difference to roundabout unaware routers?

Poor attempt at an ASCII diagram explaining what a two segment flare is below!

Flare 1 ->---\

              * --------Road 3 continues away from roundabout

Flare 2 -<---/

Flares are the oneway=yes roads connecting to the roundabout.
These are often a single V shaped segment, rather than two plus the road.

James
--
James Derrick
    li...@jamesderrick.org, Cramlington, England