This is why I think that a tasking manager is good. Firstly, it is not exactly
"wholesale" in the sense that a lot of data with little checking. Every square
is mapped and then validated as well.

Secondly, this is why it is imperative to check if the buildings still exist on
Bing. If they do, almost certainly the housenumbers haven't changed. (As
mentioned by spiregrain). If the buildings have changed, then you can mark a
square as "bad imagery", making the tasking manager even more useful (so that
you can discern where the imagery is accurate and where it isn't).

----

Mark wrote:

It's out of copyright, so there aren't any licensing issues in deriving data
from it.I would, though, be a little reluctant to use it as a basis for
wholesale numbering without any supporting local knowledge or survey. House
numbers can, and sometimes do, change, particularly when streets are renamed or
rebuilt. So you can't be 100% certain that a house number in the 1950s is the
same number it is now, even if the building is still the same.

Mark