On 30/10/2020 20:10, ipswichmapper--- via Talk-GB wrote:

Also, the messages by "Mark Goodge" and "Ken Kilfedder" (spiregrain) didn't show up in my email. Why is this? (Is it because their "reply all" didn't include my address by mistake?) I'm still getting used to mailing lists.

I didn't do a "reply all". I did a "reply list". That's how lists are supposed to work! You'll see my reply as part of the normal list traffic, not as a direct reply to you.

The https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/ website sorts the mails into "threads". How does it which email goes under which thread? Currently, when I hit "reply all" it shows in the archive my email underneath the right thread. I am assuming it know based on who I sent the email to. However, if the same person were to reply twice to my email, and then I replied to one of their emails, how would the archiving system know which email I replied to?

The archives will include anything that has the address 'talk-gb@openstreetmap.org' in the To or CC lines (not sure about Bcc, and I can't be bothered to check!). But all list messages should, as a general rule, be replied to on-list - that is, by sending your reply to the list address, not the address of the sender. You should only reply directly to the sender if you need to contact them off-list.

Mark