resending as I think I sent it from the wrong email address.

However, blue advisory signs about HGVs are tagged as hgv=discouraged, not
as hgv=yes despite there being a legal right of way for HGVs (sometimes,
similar signs are shown for all vehicles, eg on fords or ORPAs) - see
"discouraged" at
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access#Land-based_transportation

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bicycle#Bicycle_Restrictions says
bicycle=dismount should be used for 'signs saying "Cyclists dismount"'.

Any sensible router should know that most bicycles ought to dismount for
most steps in the same way they might suggest getting off and walking on a
short footway. Specifying bicycle=yes on steps may override the built-in
default (I think it does for CycleStreets).

I would suggest not having a bicycle tag at all on steps in preference to
bicycle=yes on steps. Ramp:bicycle=yes/no is a useful tag though.

Jon