I've also had an electric fence across a bridleway, and some very grumpy cows the other side of it. Luckily the farmer appeared and was very happy to let me through or it would have been retracing 3km of grassy riding on a touring bike.

I'm rather prone to bike-hiking, even if not keen on it, so see the benefit of a correct "bicycle=yes" - and I'll try to fill in the tracktype, surface, and sometimes (rather subjective) bike difficulty when I get home.  After Saturday's ride one bridleway should have been tagged "surface=water"

As for comfy Cotswolds - I'm not far from there, so I know you get things like locked gates wrapped in barbed wire on bridleways, within the boundaries of the changeset that prompted this