On 30/09/13 21:01, Daniel Cussen wrote:
Hi,

I did some work in the past moving the Gardai mobile speed camera
database over to a format for Garmin. Could someone look at possibly
importing the garda data into openstreetmap? I don't know if it would
be possible.

The database does not include the speed limits, just a start and end
location. I don't know what tags should be used and how useful the
results would be on an off the shelf sat Nav.

There is also a seperate file with fixed speed camera locations (there
are very few) which could be a related project.

Ideas/thoughts?

Hiya Dan.

Good idea. Where did you get the data? One of the biggest problems with importing data into OSM is that a lot of map data is copyrighted in a way that doesn't allow import into OSM.

Rory