On Thursday 18 Mar 2010 8:57:45 am Schuyler Erle wrote:
> > do not forget that nearly all Mumbai data is b0rked - apart from a few
> > places  where some of us have corrected it. It needs to be corrected
> > first.
>
> I wouldn't say "first" because it's such a big job to do all at once
> that it'll never happen. I'd say instead "at the same time, because it
> needs to be corrected eventually." :)

let me rephrase that: since Mumbai data is skewed, when mapping any area the
first job is to realign the streets. Naming is more or less ok, but the streets
are out of place. The Yahoo satellite imagery may be relied on as on testing
with GPS in various parts of Mumbai, it is accurate. However due to heavy tree
cover in many parts, it is difficult to trace without GPS tracks.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves