Hi Martin!

Il 03/02/2014 12:20, Martin Raifer ha scritto:
Ciao Pietro!

Thanks for the report of the meeting and the presentation slides. Those are very nice! :)

Here are some final comment from my side:

* You say that there are “7.666 [addresses] in OpenStreetMap”, but in fact we already have almost 9.000 [1] by now. ;)
When i have all the confirmed information that i need, i'm going to remake all the iter of import/export.
* You asked about how to write housenumbers with letters (like "20A"): I don't have a strong opinion on this, but I'd say that the tagging should reflect what is used on-the-ground as good as possible. And I don't remember to have seen any housenumber-signs with a "/" lately…
If you prefer i can use the format "20A", and using the format "20/1" only with the case of house number crossed with number
* I still think that "addr:place" is not the right tag for addresses in the format "Frazione+Streetname" (like the "Via Vinzenz Goller" example). I'd say that the tagging for this case must use "addr:hamlet" for the Frazione in this case. This is because "addr:place" can only be used _instead_ of "addr:street".
Ok fixing this is not a problem.

By fixing the problem that you have advised, do you think that we can do the first mega-import changeset-tagged "OpenGisData.eu" of the missing house numbers in OSM?

All in all, I think we are at a good point now. Nice work!
Martin

PS: In the wiki page you write that “Other imports (eg Vienna) have entered the house numbers as points”. I haven't heard of any address import in Vienna (and it would be a big surprise because in Austria they have a "complicated" situation about who's owning address data). Also, the addresses in Vienna have been mapped on building areas or as points depending on the situation (see [2]).
Also we can propose that the mappers can do what prefer in this case:
When there is one house number for each building it's possible to use the "building-tag" solution, when there are more than one house number for each building, need to use the point way solution.

[1] http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/2mZ
[2] http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/48.17979/16.32346&layers=N