On Tuesday 21 August 2007 10:09, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> Thanks to the quick fixes to osmosis by bretth there is now a
> nld-leftover.osm which you can load up to see exactly what is going to
> be leftover.

Great work!

> http://kleptog.org/temp/nld-leftover.osm.gz  (5MB)
>
> Looking at it a large part of what is leftover is
> canals/waterways/coastlines. Since we're going to replace those with
> AND data anyway eventually, I think we should just do it straightaway.

Yes, please do that, they may create lots of troubles. Already parts of NL are
flooded...
http://www.informationfreeway.org/?lat=51.80484282531691&lon=5.147925096361998&zoom=9&layers=B000F000

I will take out the natural=water from the almien data for where the Maas is a
border river prior to conversion.

> Other than that the expected cycleway/pedestrian/footway are also
> present, as are the points of interest.
>
> It's probably worth comparing with the AND data, but I suspect the
> highway=pedestrian can also go.

That was already planned:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/AND_Data/Roadmap-integration-NL#Technical

AND has some pedestrian stuff. The footways will stay.

vriendelijke groet,
cordialmente,

Ante