Yup, we use the GT-31 GPS (other GPS unit will do as long as it sends
raw NMEA data). You can use two laptop and 1 GPS unit the laptop where
the GPS is connected can share the GPS data to the other laptop using
ad-hoc connection (not road tested yet). You will now have a "GPS
server" for the other laptop (all running on Ubuntu 9.04) using the
tangoGPS. Nice. Here's the video, its a bit shaky
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37115...@n06/3553501790/

Yes we did the "Rally style" mapping its effective and efficient.

The dry run seems good next the mapping party.

murlwe