I feel we should simplify it (although not too much), not everything
here is applicable:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:highway

Another example, I don't feel like using the tag living_street.
Here's the highway length stats to give us a general idea what highway
tags are currently in use:

primary           13237678m
residential       12304569m
secondary          5340661m
road               3958559m
tertiary           3578034m
unclassified       3040564m
trunk              2262544m
service             856653m
track               803020m
motorway            558710m
footway             220230m
path                179135m
motorway_link        71836m
trunk_link           37981m
primary_link         32565m
cycleway             27131m
construction         25302m
pedestrian           14174m
steps                 3520m
secondary_link        2660m
raceway               1542m
living_street         1473m
proposed               526m
ford                   277m
old road               124m
Alley                  101m

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 8:22 PM, ianlopez <ian_lopez_1...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Maybe we should describe unclassified roads in the Philippine context as
> roads within verified and/or urban areas that are of mixed use (commercial,
> retail, industrial, residential, farmland), while the residential roads can
> be described as a "road in either urban or rural areas that are within areas
> that are classified as mostly residential". The road tag can be used for
> roads that have no actual road types, as proposed/planned.
>
> Tony Montana: Me, I want what's coming to me.
> Manny Ribera: Oh, well what's coming to you?
> Tony Montana: The world, chico, and everything in it.
> -----
> http://ianlopez1115.wordpress.com/

cheers,
maning