Dear everyone,

Just a brief update on the status of mapping with LGUs in Pampanga.
If you have been monitoring the edits recently, you will notice that
the Municipality of Guagua is getting a lot of edits recently
specifically on adding building.

The DRRM Office have several volunteer students doing both armchair
and field mapping.
Being newbies, you will notice that the edits needs further improvement.
I visited them last week to orient the students on the proper mapping
conventions.
We are also using the tasking manager to divide the tasks efficiently
and avoid overlaps.
The task used is here: http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/331

Another discussion we had last week was how to tag public facilities
that serves as evacuation centers during a crisis.  These are usually
schools, barangay halls, etc., for the meantime we added the tag:
evacuation_center=yes.

A sample of this features are here: http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/3DL

Do you think this is the appropriate tag?  Let's discuss.

--
cheers,
maning