First of all, kudos to the volunteers working in the Lubao area[0] in
Pampanga for the level of details they are adding to OpenStreetMap.

I do wonder, however, if the appropriate tags are being used. In this case,
 paddy field levees are being tagged as highway=path, when in fact they are
primarily used as embankments, not as paths.

Many of us here in the mailing list would consider Lubao as a local
showcase for OpenStreetMap and perhaps, like me, would like it to show what
"Philippine Mapping Convention" is like in real life.

I normally use the following tags for rice paddies:
landuse=farmland
crop=rice
farm=flooded_crops

What are your thoughts about tagging ways between paddies as man_made=dyke
[1] over highway=path ?

[0] http://osm.org/go/4zOPCCmZg-?m=
[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:man_made%3Ddyke

*Erwin Olario*