> I don't quite agree that mapping individual rice paddies as landuse=farm is
> the way to go. I think the whole rice farm should be mapped as a single
> object and then the walls/terraces should be mapped as a different object.

Generally, yes I agree for not mapping individual paddies.  But, there
should be some exemptions,
in the case of Ifugao rice terraces, in the Atlas of Ifugao [0], it
was mentioned that the Ifugaos
have a sophisticated property right system dating pre-colonial times
where each rice paddy has
distinct ownership status.  Thus, each rice paddy maybe a separate
"parcel" if we borrow the term to
the current legal ownership system in the Philippines.

Are there people here more knowledgeable with Ifugao culture confirm
if this ownership system still exist?

> I think man_made=bund is a pretty good suggestion. If we all agree on this
> tag, then we should use it and then suggest it to the global community on
> the tagging mailing list.
Should we be creating a wikpage for this?

[0] http://www.ebay.com/itm/CONKLIN-ATLAS-OF-THE-IFUGAO-/390687755077

--
cheers,
maning