Eugene, that indeed is a use case here. We probably know of people who
could get us those stickers/passes that will let us pass through through
gated subdivisions, when technically, those are meant for their homeowners
or residents. Don't you have a pass down South, "Friendship Sticker",
that'll let you pass through several gated subdivisions? Are there still
subdivisions that require you to pay for a toll fee to pass through?

However, shouldn't that be a special case for the router they use? The
conventional case for the general public are those roads are inaccessible
for them, unless they have to see somebody in those subdivisions, and they
are authorized to be let in. And, if they are let in, they aren't allowed
to pass through - and is required to leave an ID card -, and have to leave
through the same gate.

FWIW, OsmAnd's built-in router will ask you if you want to ignore the
private access tag, and then prepare the routing options for you. Magic
Earth sometimes ignore the private access tag, depending on your vehicle.

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 6:53 PM Eugene Alvin Villar <sea...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 3:56 PM Erwin Olario <gov...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> destination - temporary access is given, until destination is reached
>> (shared roads, in gated communities/subdivisions/estates)
>>

> I actually have a quibble with access=destination when tagged for roads
> inside gated communities. Technically, residents or those who otherwise
> have vehicular stickers can pass through the gated community if there are
> more than 1 exits. Given that there exists a sophisticated router software,
> a resident or sticker-holder should be able to pass through the gated
> community maybe to avoid traffic in external roads without needing to
> actually stop inside the gated community, which is what is implied by the
> "destination" access.
>
> An example of this case is the huge BF Homes ParaƱaque subdivision. Most
> residents and those who have stickers often pass through the subdivision to
> avoid traffic along Alabang-Zapote Road or Sucat Road. If you tag these
> roads as access=destination, a router would not route through the
> subdivision unless the destination is inside.
>
> ~Eugene
>
> --

/Erwin Olario

e: er...@ngnuity.xyz | v/m: https://t.me/GOwin | s: https://mstdn.io/@GOwin