On 18 Sep 2009, at 15:13, Frankie Roberto wrote:

Then, make a node on each track to represent where the trains stop. There can be more than one of these if there are a few stopping points (eg platform 1a, 1b). Tag this railway=stop.

All of these stopping points, plus the platforms, plus the station building, should then all belong to the station's relation (http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/205097 ) - ideally add role=stop to the stop nodes.

I'd have a way for each part of the platform. Trains are long things that need more than a point to determine this sort of thing in my opinion.

Shaun