On 18 Sep 2009, at 17:42, Peter Miller wrote:

We then have enough information for people to play trains!

If the station has multiple levels then each element should have a
layer tag and we will need to consider how one manages a single level
(concourse) where one side has a level entrance to the outside world
layer=0? and the other side is up a load of steps to the concourse and
could be considered layer=1 I guess we just choose a set of layers we
will use and then join them to the outside world with a 'footway' or
with 'steps'

For a lift we use a node with multiple layer numbers highway=lift?
layer=0,1,2?

You need a way with 2..n nodes (one for each layer) which are almost on top of each other. This will mean that the lift will be routable.

Shaun