On 18 Sep 2009, at 18:05, Shaun McDonald wrote:

> On 18 Sep 2009, at 17:42, Peter Miller wrote:
>
>> We then have enough information for people to play trains!
>>
>> If the station has multiple levels then each element should have a
>> layer tag and we will need to consider how one manages a single level
>> (concourse) where one side has a level entrance to the outside world
>> layer=0? and the other side is up a load of steps to the concourse
>> and
>> could be considered layer=1 I guess we just choose a set of layers we
>> will use and then join them to the outside world with a 'footway' or
>> with 'steps'
>>
>> For a lift we use a node with multiple layer numbers highway=lift?
>> layer=0,1,2?
>
> You need a way with 2..n nodes (one for each layer) which are almost
> on top of each other. This will mean that the lift will be routable.

Sounds like tagging for the router to me which I guess is just as bad
as tagging for the renderer. Should we not tag it as it is and the
politely request that the routers accommodate it?

We are also going to need to politely ask the guys who develop the
editors to make it possibly to edit in 3D by picking a layer to work on.

Let's start by modelling it well and then see if we can get the tools
to catch up although....  it might be useful to tag one station as you
propose just to test the router navigating from Piccadilly underground
platform 1 on level -6 to main-line platform 3 on level 1!

Regards,

Peter