Peter Miller wrote:

> I meant just the plain old OSM website from which one could use edit
> if one wished. Having said that the MapJumper is possibly a better way
> of achieving this (although I don't yet understand exactly how it works).

First
===
The server must be recorded into the list of the wiki page :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:FrViPofm/mapJumper/MapJumperServers
(One rule, the service must be linked to the OSM project.)
I suggest something like :

{{MapJumperServer
| name = novam
| shortcut = n
| url = mappa-mercia.org/novam/
| layers = B0T
| desc = post-import NaPTAN
| theme = import,survey
| zone = UK
}}

I will not be there those days when the URL control and permalink would
be set.
So you ( Christoph ?) can hat this record.
The full url must be check. Cloudmade's like URL are supported by adding
| lon = lng

When the page is saved, the server is available in the mapJumper page.

Second
=====
Install a bookmarklet in your browser
- Go to the mapJumper builder page :
http://frvipofm.net/osm/mapjumper/

- Chose a preset, make your choice...
The javascript code is set dynamicly in the yellow zone.

- Copy the code

- Create a new bookmark in your browser, give it a name (let us say
'mJ[survey]', you can have several mapJumper with different themes)

- Paste the code and save.

The mapJumper bookmarklet is available.

Third
====
Using the mapJumper bookmarklet
When you are on a map with a reguliar url (with
'lat=NNN&[lon|lng]=NNN&zoom=NNN')
- Select the mapJumper bookmarklet.

- In the dialog, enter the shortcut ( let us say : 'n' ), if you want
the map open in a new window, add a '+' sign. Enter.

Using the mapJumper hub
---------------------------------
By default the mapJumper hub is available in the bookmarklet with the
'_' (underscore) shortcut.
With only one clic more, with the '_' shortcut, all the services are
near... Even those you didn't select...

When you are on a map with a reguliar url (with
'lat=NNN&[lon|lng]=NNN&zoom=NNN')
- Select the mapJumper bookmarklet.

- In the dialog, enter the '_' shortcut, if you want the map open in a
new window, add a '+' sign. Enter.

- On the hub page, select a theme, or select directly the service.

Fourth
=====
Enjoy
-------