On 28 June 2010 21:01, Claudius Henrichs <claudiu...@gmx.de> wrote:

>  Oxomoa is suggesting bus stop on the way only for the most basic bus stop
> (think of a bus stop on a crossing on the country side with just a sign). If
> you have a more advanced bus stop with waiting positions for passengers on
> both sides of the street you add a public_transport=stop_position on the way
> *and* add a public_transport=platform node/way on the location you are
> proposing (e.g. "where they are"). This solution allows to fulfill the data
> requirements of routers you described.

Sure, I understand that much. My original point was somewhere about this
being complicated and time consuming. While we don't much care for the
first, the latter is my problem. Additionaly, I edit/cover an area of some
good thousands of square kilometers. While I know the routes, I am forced to
rely on locals as to where the stops are located (bus doesn't stop at each
stop).

> More details in the graphics here:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Oxomoa/Public_transport_schema#Examples_for_the_application_of_the_model_for_stops

The link you provided is a very good example of oxomoa's weakness. While the
first simple bus stop is clear, for two bus stops I must "create a
stop_area". How do you do that? (the example is not clear enough) And more
importantly, what for? Is the gain worth the extra time, which is
considerable? I beg to doubt it. ÖPNVKarte/openbusmap deals with the
inconsistencies of the data pretty good. It only broke once on my data (in
St. Ingbert if you care, lines 521/522). All the other lines are drawn
almost perfectly.

--
Best regards, mit freundlichen Grüssen, meilleurs sentiments, Pozdrowienia,

Michał Borsuk