On 12/11/2010 03:32 PM, Michał Borsuk wrote:

    And by the way: What physical thing is represented by railway=tram_stop?

I don't deal with trams.

So you have a very limited view of Public Transport.

Whenever I criticize Oxomoa I hear the same silly argument: "but in my
Siedlung there's a bus that does such a complicated thing...". So what?
Who cares?

The mapper cares. In his eyes it is not silly. It is the willing of mapping it as correct as possible. If you do not want to care about complicated things, this does not mean others do not want too.

I am not sure if I know what "the old system" is. Maybe we actually
criticize the same thing. I'd do it this way: highway:bus_stop for each
bus stop, and then the bus stops are added to each line (relation) that
stops there. Nothing more is needed from the point of view of even rich
future applications in OSM. There is the info where the bus stop is,
there's the line, if we ever want to link OSM with timetables (as I am
planning), then we have everything we need.

I do it the same way. The differences are the details.

Would you be so kind and withdraw from the accusation that the reason
behind the resistance is the unwillingness to convert the existing system?

You do not deal with trams, you have written. So you have a limited view and can not see the inconsistency in the schema. And you can not see the need for changing the schema.

Regards
Teddych