Hi Richard

On 12/22/2010 12:16 AM, Richard Mann wrote:
But what would you suggest to use as the stop_position for bus stops, if you
would have to decide?

I would expect data users to infer it from the position of the bus
stop. Logically, you could mark a node for the stop_position between
the bus-stop and the way (or even on the way if the stop_position
blocks all traffic on the way). But this is pretty pointless - data
users will probably ignore them anyway, and infer it from the bus stop
location.

Data users can do with the data what they think it is best. Also Mappers can map what they think it is best. If this is congruent is another question.

I guess you will never map a stop_position. Other mappers want to map a stop_position. At the moment they abuse highway=bus_stop as stop_position. There is no (approved/rendered) alternative.

I think you agree that this is not an optimal solution.

What do you suggest these mappers to use for as stop_position?

Regards
Teddych