On 12/13/2010 11:52 AM, Jo wrote:
I like the proposal, the only thing I don't like about it is the massive
duplication of information in the route relations, which will make it
harder to maintain them in the long run. But I see why we would do it
that way. Maybe I'll come up with a proposal for 'proto-relations' made
up of other 'routepart'-relations some time. Those could get converted
to the massively duplicated relations automatically then.

When I understand correct you mean the same as Marl brought up on the talk page under "Shared Route Segments":
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/Public_Transport#Shared_Route_Segments

Regards
Teddych