On 01/12/2011 06:34 PM, ant wrote:
On 12.01.2011 17:27, Richard Mann wrote:

I think there is some misunderstanding. I'm talking about the use of
relations to group stop positions and platforms together that are
considered a stop or station where one can change vehicles.

Again, why enter it by hand (expensive!), when OSM already contains all the necessary data (stop coordinates, obstacles between them)?

We do not need "stop areas", at least not for that purpose. The "transferability" between stops can be calculated by a very simple script checking the distance (foot route) and obstacles between the two stops. The distance is then added to the cost of the route.

(Cost: each transfer is a cost, travel time is a cost, walk as well, etc. The connection with the smallest cost is presented to the user).

Greetings,

LMB