Le 11/01/2011 18:25, Michał Borsuk a écrit :

On 11 January 2011 18:06, Albin Michlmayr <alm...@gmx.at <mailto:alm...@gmx.at>> wrote:

    Am Tue, 11 Jan 2011 15:15:27 +0100
    schrieb André Joost <andre+jo...@nurfuerspam.de
    <mailto:andre%2bjo...@nurfuerspam.de>>:

    > Am 11.01.11 15:00, schrieb Michał Borsuk:
    >
    > > Questions:
    > > * What has been achieved by *three *relations that could have not
    > > been achieved by roles? How faster and easier is managing
    two/three
    > > relations than managing a role on the route?
    >
    > This role thing is much more complicated than different relations.
    > Does forward mean the direction of the bus line, or that of the way
    > element in OSM? *That* is what confuses new users.

    I totally agree! For me it was a very timeconsuming search when I
    tried to figure out how to set the role of an element in the route. I
found contradicting wiki pages

YES! that's the point, and that's been said before. Make the wiki pages clear, call it "standard", and there you go.
When a new comer is mapping on JOSM, with a good interface, he has not his eyes in the wiki. It is easier for him to manage a one way relation, and an other one way relation.
For those loving learning curves : the curve is less hard ! ;-)

    an when I found the Oxomoa scheme with
    different relations for each direction I thought this is a quite
    simple
    solution for the confutision.

Again, how do you implement it in Potlatch?
It is an other matter. We don't map for the editors. And Potlatch evolves. JOSM did it.
How about changing the route temporarily? How about Paris RER, which has several trains with different destinations? Do we produce 12 relations for line X, which has 6 variants? Possible, but crazy.
OK, the new comer will do maintenance on potlatch for the French RER ?
They are people with more skill, and other tools for that.
--
FrViPofm