On 01/17/2011 01:36 PM, Oleksandr Vlasov wrote:
Michał Borsuk<michal.borsuk<at>  gmail.com>  writes:

This were true if we had 30 editors, but we have three. We have to bend
over to those who maintain them.

I do value the time and efforts editors' authors invested, and I believe
everyone does.

Did you misunderstand me? I had said that since we have three editors, not thirty, then we have to more or less do what the maintainers (coders) of those editors want. We can't come up with just anything, because it may not be implemented.

Part of the mess is exactly the lack of a sensible and well documented
(wiki page!) standard. My aim is to allow semi-beginners to be able to
map at least the simplest things.

I agree.
Will currently discussed proposal be approved or disapproved, wiki should be
cleaned up. Obvoiusly, before cleanup the preferred tagging way should be
defined.

This is, apparently, already on the way.

This may be surprising, but in many areas the map is pretty full. In my
area almost everything is mapped. If somebody likes editing OSM, they
might just as well turn to mapping bus lines, with some help from us.

Happy you.
I agree that the proposed scheme isn't very easy to map without designated
tools; nor established scheme is.

But it's much easier. You will probably agree that the biggest mess is having to go though several pages and examples before one has an idea how to map.

If you have another proposal, please come up. I personally do not have any
sentimental feelings for the proposed scheme, I just believe it's better than
the current situation.

Well, not just anything is better than the current mess. I have an idea, that is simply to properly describe what exists*), and I believe ant started cleaning up the wikipages.

*) I mean the version with two poles on each side.

Greetings,

LMB