Which is why I believe that it’s better to use GTFS data, and auto snap the
GTFS data to the OSM data. There then needs to be some hints in the OSM data as
to which roads buses do and don’t or shouldn’t run on. Bus routes also change
far more frequently than fixed infrastructure or cycle or walking routes, hence
why I think a different way to deal with the data is appropriate.

Shaun