Adding time of day is not very easy to do. We don't add the schedules to
OSM.

I'm attempting it for school buses, where it's a time window in the morning
and another around 4 (noon on Wednesdays), but I'm not adding many school
bus routes.

I have access to the timetables and what I do is create a separate route
for each different sequence of stops served.

Now say somebody else has the timetables and he/she wants to visualise the
route the bus takes at that particular time of day. They simply need to
find a route with that ref, which serves that same sequence of stops.

No time-of-day needed in this case.

Would it be useful to add all the starting times/ending times as well for a
given route? This can be different depending on
weekdays/Saturdays/Sundays/weekdays during short school holidays/weekdays
during long school holidays. How would we indicate that difference?

It's probably not wise to add it, it changes even more often than the
routes themselves.

Polyglot