Simply rendering public_transport=platform+bus=yes (if that's correct) as a
bus stop is a matter of a few lines of xml in the tag-transform (to insert
a highway=bus_stop tag in relevant nodes, which the normal rendering
processes can pick up). Though since this is functionally the same as the
mappers adding a highway=bus_stop tag to the nodes then you do rather
wonder what is the point.

Of course it's probably more complicated than that, which is why the people
who use these tags need to state what needs to be done, and in what
situations.

See http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis/TagTransform