I find the answers on this thread so pathetic. This mailing list is
all about public transport and we get regularly so many complains in
other channels that the proposal is over complicated, unclear and is
promoting a version which is not supported by the tools like the
rendering since years. This is one of the biggest mess currently in
OSM and none of the people who created it seem to be brave enough to
improve things.
Either accept that the public transport proposal failed on some areas
and change the wiki or push stronger the devs and maintainers to adopt
the new one. You seems to be satisfied by the current situtation but,
again, it is so repulsive that many contributors just stop editing
public transport.

Pieren