Darya (a GsoC student) is actually working on a project to help with the
routing. We haven't included conversion from GTFS and I'm not sure there
will be time for that. What's most time consuming, especially because of
changes/breakings caused by other mappers and PT itineraries subject to
change, is to keep the routing up to date and that's what the new plugin
aims to solve.

At the moment it hooks mostly into the validator (so less routes would be
broken due to other changes made to the geometry of the ways), but it's
still work in progress.

If you like, you can help with beta testing, of course. It does already
help with routes going against one way traffic flows.

It's called PT_assistant.

Polyglot