On Thu, 2008-02-28 at 20:18 -0600, Ian Dees wrote:
> I have a hard time deciding which value to use based on the UK-centric
> descriptions on the wiki.

They're not hard and fast rules, honestly.  You also can't completely
say "all (US/State/County) highways" are primary/secondary/tertiary,
etc...

For instance, OR217 and US26 west of Portland are both divided,
multi-lane, limited access highways.  Despite not being interstates,
they *ARE* motorways.

As for primary/secondary/tertiary.  I basically think that primaries are
those really big roads that happen once every mile or two.  They're the
ones where WalMart is. :)

-- Dave