I'm working on figuring out what tags to use for the fields/columns that are
included in the USFS GIS trail data that I am going to import into OSM.  Has
anyone set a precedent for this already?  Would it make sense for me to add a
section to the wiki page for the USFS
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/US_Forest_Service_Data) in an effort to
standardize?  This would be for trails specifically and would follow what has
been established on the Hiking wiki page
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Hiking).

National Forest Trails
tags proposed:

        * owner = national_forest, private_on_nf, private_noton_nf, county,
state, city_town
        * closure_status = open, closed, restricted, decommissionedAlso, are
there tags to keep information about metadata like the data source (i.e. gps,
digitized, etc)?

Spencer