2009/10/1 Christopher Schmidt <crschm...@metacarta.com>

> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 09:46:11PM -0500, Ian Dees wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 9:41 PM, Richard Weait <rich...@weait.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > You'll be blown away when you see what our French cousins are doing.
> > > Then you'll want to combine the ideas; I know I want to.  ;-)
> > >

> > Well why aren't they over here on dev telling us all about what they're
> > doing! Come on everyone, fill us in! :-)
>
> (Because this is talk-us, and not dev?)

Hum, i suspect the main reason is that no one has really taken the time to
do so. We did show the tools as part of the French presentation at SOTM, and
we always working on trying to improve the tools.
If you want to see the tool, you can have a look here
http://osmose.openstreetmap.fr
http://osmose.openstreetmap.fr/tools/relation_analyser/relation-analyser.htmlfor
a graphical relation analyzer

Sorry for the lack of translation yet. I have yet to do it, but we are
working on the internationalization of the tool. I also showed another link
to Richard, but this is too early to show to everyone as it relates to our
on going import of different zones. The other tool is essentially a web
interface with a map allowing people to download osm files that were not
imported as part of the automated process that we have currently.

http://osmose.openstreetmap.fr/map this is the url monitoring our current
import of land cover.
This is telling us how much work we have to do.

Also, we spent lots of time to make sure that we would be doing an automated
import that would not have an effect on existing polygons. The page isn't up
to date yet, but you can find the basic algorithm there and some other
tools.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Corine_Land_Cover/Corine_Data_Import

If you want more information, I can always direct you to the proper person
if you are interested in building your own website with similar tests.

Emilie Laffray