On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 10:14:37 -0500
Anthony <o...@inbox.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 10:05 AM, Andy Allan <gravityst...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I'd love to know which map has an
> > accurate pedestrian routing network that is collected as such and
> > not a derived interpretation of other base maps.
>
> C'mon, this is the United States.  A blank map is an accurate
> pedestrian routing network.  ;)

I'd just like to pipe in that I wouldn't have done any of the mapping
I've done without the TIGER data, and it wouldn't be very practical for
me to fix along my tracked routes without having the names of streets
already there (with fixes for abbriviations or changing name_1 to name
if name=United States Highway *)

At least my city looks pretty good now, with bike paths, straight
roads, proper intersections on the map, schools mapped, pedestrian
walkways in many parks, all of which is not from the TIGER data but is
doable with the aerial imagery and help from the TIGER data.

I did a little fixing on that 250 cities project.....I wouldn't have
connected routes I've never been on if the TIGER data didn't say it was
an interstate. I don't see how that would have been a smaller effort
without TIGER (and certainly you'd have a lot less to connect in that
case)

--
Joseph Booker