A couple of different users have recently been removing all the tiger:*=* tags from roads in the process of other edits to them.

One responded that it was because they were sometimes wrong (which is, of course, true, for those roads that we've corrected) and that they did not seem to provide any useful data. However, they also contain the original breakdown of the prefix, root, and suffix before they got combined into the name and then expanded by the balrog-kun bot - information which will be useful in the majority of cases if we ever get back to splitting/standardizing.

AFAIK, we haven't (yet) agreed that these tags should be removed, right?

--
Alan Mintz <alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net>