* Ian Dees <ian.d...@gmail.com> [2011-01-04 09:36 -0600]:
> What changes to osm2pgsql are you making?

In my opinion, any approach has to be backwards compatible with having ref
tags on ways, if only because it's worked so well in Europe.  Thus, I want
to be able to tell whether a given way is a member of a route relation
(and render its ref tag the "old way" if it isn't), so I'm adding a table
to do joins between relations and their members.

> Also, rweait has an example implementation floating around somewhere. I'm
> not sure how much work he had to do to get it to work, but it came up pretty
> quick after the discussion started.

If I recall correctly, Richard's rendering completely abandons the old
rendering style, which I don't want to do.

--- --
The class was learning about some revolt in which some peasants had wanted
to stop being peasants and, since the nobles had won, had stopped being
peasants *really quickly*.
                       -- _Soul Music_, Terry Pratchett