On 01/04/2011 02:55 AM, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 3:12 AM, Paul Johnson
> <baloo-PVOPTusIyP/sroww+9z...@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> On 01/03/2011 08:33 AM, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeGUSMssl7k&t=0m15s
>>> There's not much merging room (no worse than on many Interstates), but
>>> it's nowhere near a right angle.
>>
>> I'm familiar with the ramp, the tightness of the corner and the space in
>> which to merge is comparable to your standard corner-cuts on major
>> boulevards.  Unless we're actually going to suggest that 71st and
>> Memorial are both motorways...
>>
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=36.060853&lon=-95.886224&zoom=18&layers=M
>
> I think you just admitted defeat.
> People, look at his example. He posted two surface streets with cross
> traffic (and presumably unlimited access from adjacent properties).

Alaska Way is three levels.  The bottom level of that three-level
roadway has local access and even on-street parking.  The upper two
levels are the same except without parking and all lanes go one way.
Cross streets merely point you in the correct direction like the cutoffs
on the intersection I mentioned.  Speeds and traffic patterns on all
three decks are more consistent with expressways and the adjoining
International Way than they are with an exclusively limited-access freeway.

Have you actually been on this viaduct or are you going from what you
heard on the Internet on this?  I really suggest you focus more on the
territory you've actually covered in person.