Hi Richard,

I can definitely do that - I never got vector backgrounds working with Potlatch myself (I have a Trac issue floating around) but if you can make Potlatch read the hosted files directly, that'd be a nice win.

Besides one .osm per zip, what else does Potlatch need? For example, how does Potlatch need the data to be indexed/named? Right now the data is named by HUC (the entiy formerly known as sub-basin) + data layer, so unless you know what kind of data you want and the USGS's number for your town, you can't really easily guess the filename. There's something like 2300+ HUCs.

I can build an index off the particular shapefile HUC boundaries if that's needed.

cheers
ben