I'm checking 02070010, and here are some comments:

1) I believe you've split the files to ensure no more than 50,000
nodes per file (upload limits I believe), but it is somewhat
fragmented so that for a given region streams are split between the
files. This will result in additional duplicate nodes to be resolved,
and at least should be discussed in the process documentation. I do
wonder why we need to split the files at all, since I hope no one
plans to batch upload these files. Perhaps there are regions which
have no water features mapped, but that seems unlikely to me. That
means a lot of manual review in JOSM, which I believe can handle
splitting uploads to meet the API limit. But take this with a grain of
salt because it comes from someone inexperienced with this kind of
import.

2) FCode 34306 should be waterway=dam (according to the NHD Rules
page), but doesn't have any tags other than fcode/ftype/com_id/source.
3) There are lots of FCode 36400, which only have the basic tags,
though no waterway=* or water=* tags (FCode is FORESHORE, one proposed
mapping scheme was water=tidal)
4) There are several 45401 with nothing but the basic tags (Special
Use Zone Type|dump site; Operational Status|operational )
5) Okay several more like this in the nhdarhi files (39800, described
as LOCK CHAMBER, lock=yes by one mapping), 40307, 45401, 46006

Is the plan to import these in OSM now, and define tags for them later?

Thanks for your work,
-Josh