On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Nathan Edgars II <nerou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/15/2011 9:50 AM, Anthony wrote:
>>
>> The sign does not say you may use the road so long as you need it to
>> get to your destination (access=destination).  That would preclude
>> cast members as using it as a cut-through alternative to World Drive.
>> And it would permit its use by solicitors, non-customers trying to
>> avoid parking fees, and Michael Moore.
[snip]
> But that's an interesting point about cast members (AKA employees) being
> allowed to use it even when their destination is not Disney.

Actually my comment was about cast members using it when their
destination *is* Disney, just not a place in Disney in which the use
of Vista Blvd is necessary.

I'm not even sure what access=destination is supposed to mean with
regard to that section of Vista Blvd.  But my guess is that it would
mean "you can only use this road to get to Fort Wilderness", and using
it to go between World Drive and Bonnet Creek Parkway would not be
allowed.

Also, I couldn't find any such sign going in the other direction.
Even if this were access=destination, it would be a unidirectional
access=destination.

Incidenally, for some reason Lulu-Ann put the example of customer
parking lots in the wiki for access=destination, but I'd say this
completely changes the original intent of access=destination.  Only a
few months ago the wiki said "access=destination The public has right
of access only if this is the only road to your destination."  In
December 2007 it said "destination (The public has right of access
only if this is the only road to your destination, in Dutch:
bestemmingsverkeer, in German: Anlieger frei / ausgenommen Anrainer)"

The definition in the wiki today is very different from what was for
years.  The definition from at least December 2007 until July 2011
implied that access=destination is to be used for public (or at least
quasi-public) roads, not private roads.