Charlotte Wolter wrote:
> I'm having that problem and still having several others in
> Potlatch 2. I can't add points. If I try to add a point, I can
> no longer highlight any ways. I have to save my work, go
> back to "View" and then return to "Edit," which reloads
> Potlatch 2.

Charlotte, we are trying to help you, but we can't do that without you
coming up with some more information - as has been requested - and ideally
using the proper bug-tracking system rather than the mailing lists.

Just a mention of where this is happening would be good, as requested here:

http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/4275

Though it would really help if you could follow the guidelines in
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/newticket :

[start quote]

* How to be a helpful bug reporter *

Where you can, always provide "steps to reproduce" - in other words, a
series of instructions that the developers can follow to reproduce your bug.
The more you can do to pinpoint the problem, the more likely it'll be fixed.

1. Give any pertinent details of your system (operating system and version,
browser and version, etc.).
2. If the problem is with a web page or web application, give its URL. If
the problem is encountered with a particular set of data, say what (e.g. a
location in OpenStreetMap).
3. Explain what you are doing, click-by-click.
4. Explain what you expect to happen.
5. Explain what is happening instead.

[end quote]

When it says "click-by-click" it _means_ click-by-click. Explain what you
are doing _precisely_, so that a developer can follow the steps you are
taking. When you say "I can't add points" that could mean a million things -
by dragging-and-dropping from the left-hand panel? By shift-clicking in a
way? By double-clicking on the page? Who knows.

Richard