If you haven't seen it yet, good news! OSMF has indeed pushed the
database rebuild back a couple of days to begin on April 1st, instead
of the slightly insane (IMO) attempt to finish by April 1st.
http://blog.osmfoundation.org/2012/03/27/service-schedule-march-april-2012/

After the last thread I started about remapping, I decided to give
priority to making sure all major borders in the US are license clean.
I figured these are important features for things like geocoding and
are prominent on most rendered maps but a lot of mappers may not have
the tools or experience to work with such large objects.

In case you're curious, this is what all members of county border
relations with a nist:state_fips tag looks like, loaded into JOSM...
:)
(yes some states are missing. This was just an easy jxapi query to get
a majority of them):
http://i.imgur.com/tq9uw.jpg

Tonight I finished all of the state borders and in doing so I also
cleaned the US border. I have most of the county borders too although
I did just find a little more work to do on those.

I have noticed a number of people working on license remapping in my
live edit viewer. So that's all good.

But we still have a long way to go. I've seen a little work being done
on interstates but so far it's been a drop in the bucket. I also saw a
major edit on the coastline around the great lakes tonight. But the
west coast is still in bad shape.

So thanks to everyone who is helping. Let's keep it up until the
database goes down this weekend!

Toby