On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 3:42 AM, James Mast <rickmastfa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> So, who else here was at least somewhat successful in their objective in
> data cleanup (I still think this whole thing was kinda stupid, as I'd rather
> been fixing/adding new stuff instead of redoing stuff that others added)?

Well, my ultimate objective was to have a completely clean map so that
didn't entirely work out :)

More realistically, I am happy with the work I got done on
administrative boundaries. Those can be hard to edit under normal
circumstances. Trying to recover from half missing ones after the
license change would have been even more of a headache.

I was working on coastlines when the database went down. I have some
changes in the 2nd to last minutely replication file :)

I think all of California and Oregon should have clean coastlines. I
was through about 70% of Washington when the hammer dropped. I'm not
incredibly happy with some of the results although in a lot of
situations the NHD geometry I was importing was definitely better than
the existing data from PGS. So while it isn't perfect I think it is at
least better.

Here is the view of the live edit map when the database went down:
http://i.imgur.com/FuXRL.png

Not sure what was going on in Ukraine...

Toby